12.27.2008

Backlash

Jason Williams on Stephen Curry: “He’s a great player … but sometimes I really question a lot of his shot selections. One game I saw him, I think it was versus N.C. State, he had 44 points, but he took 33 shots. Granted, he didn’t have anybody else on his team to take shots. But I know once he gets to the next level he’s going to have to be a point guard, and he’s going to get drafted to get people into the game. … Will he be able to carry on the same kind of shooting and have the same shot selection in the NBA? I don’t think so. I think he might struggle the same way you see J.J. Redick struggling. When the plays aren’t run for you all the time, now all of a sudden, instead of getting 33 shots, you might get four or five, and you’re expected to make those shots. And if you don’t, you’re going to have a hard time kind of getting in that true circle of a team’s rotation, so I see some struggles ahead for him if he can’t turn himself into more of a point guard/shooting guard.”

No comments: