11.10.2009

A trip to Hinkle

Bro Krift, today on the phone, edited and condensed: “It was March 20, 2003. We were there in Indianapolis for the NCAA tournament first and second rounds at the RCA Dome. We stayed in an Econo Lodge the night before across from a place called the Classy Chassy. We took the picture in the morning. Tripp had a screen printer do the uniforms with the HICKORY and the 15 on the front. There was a pickup game going on, professors and random people, and we walked in there dressed like that. That place is so cool. The windows and the bleachers, cold spots, drafty spots. It kind of has that drippy-faucet feel. On my fridge I have the schedule magnets from ’07-’08 and ’95-’96, I have a picture of Stephen as a freshman shooting a layup against Charleston, I have a picture of me and Tripp and Stephen after we beat Georgetown, and I have a picture of the UTC game from January of ’08. And I have a picture of Tripp Cherry as Jimmy Chitwood.” Bro and Tripp.

No comments: