11.14.2009

Stephen: 2 minutes in NYC

Here’s what he said: “It sucks.” Also this: “I’ll ask some questions, because I hate this feeling. ... I’ll do it in a respectful way. I’ll do it in a way that shows I’m willing to work harder if I need to or do something different if I need to. I’m not going to walk in and yell, 'Coach, why ain’t you playing me?’”

Here’s what the Knicks fans said: “We want Curry!

And here is what Chris Sheridan wrote after the game:

NEW YORK -- From starter to splinter-gatherer, that pretty much describes Stephen Curry’s evolution over the first eight games of the season.

At least Warriors coach Don Nelson had an explanation Friday night, no matter how invalid it turned out to be: “I told you. He needs to get some tattoos.”

Nelson was only joking, and Curry certainly stands out in the Golden State locker room for being one of the few players not to have a majority of his torso covered by body art.

But none? Nellie got that one wrong.

When the “He has no tattoos” comment was related to Curry, he rolled up his left shirt sleeve and turned his wrist up, revealing the tatooed letters T C C and the number 30. “That’s trust, commitment, care -- a little slogan I picked up at Davidson.”

Damn.

Last time playing at the Garden was a little different. Stephen: Searching for answers ... just gotta be patient and keep the faith.

No comments: