11.11.2009

No. 30’s GQ diary

His latest entry:

It was bittersweet to be back at Davidson. I went to the apartment where I was supposed to live -- the one I had picked out last year before I made my decision to go to the NBA. All my roommates are still there. And when I went by the room that was supposed to be mine, it was kind of surreal. I knew I had one more year of school left, and I wasn’t going to be back at Davidson. But in the back of my mind, I was thinking, Im going to Oakland. I'm going to have fun playing in the NBA. What more can I ask for?

My friends are always giving me a hard time for leaving. Even Coach would have, say, a team meeting, and they would all purposefully look at me and tell me to get out of the gym. Funny stuff like that. In that apartment where I was supposed to stay, they put a big poster of me in my Davidson jersey on the front door. So I’m like the sixth roommate.

Last week here: “... a brand he can be associated with.”

No comments: