11.05.2009

Stephen’s GQ diary

On opening night:

They introduced every single person on the team, starting with the reserves, and building up to the starters. I was second-to-last to be introduced, and so everybody was on the court. It was pretty much just like when you announce yourself as a kid. I heard my dad in all those starting line-ups, so I mimicked that growing up: “Starting guard, 6-3 from ...” -- back then, I didn’t know what school I was going to yet. It was a pretty intense moment. My mom said she cried.

And the first road trip: The one thing was that it was good to get an up-close-and-personal look at Steve Nash. We have a lot of similarities, but he out-performed me by a lot in that game. I’m glad I got that experience early.

True Hoop noticed. And the Bay Area Sports Blog thinks he’s a blogging superstar.

No comments: