10.22.2009

Scott on Stephen’s postcard

Here:

Basketball star Stephen Curry wanted to show the Davidson community how thankful he is for the past three years.

So, on the eve of his NBA career, Curry made a remarkable gesture. At a personal cost of $3,000, he sent out 2,000 “Thank You” postcards this month to fans, faculty, students and alumni.

“I started thinking about this while I was taking a summer school class at Davidson,” Curry said in a phone interview Wednesday from Oakland, Calif., after completing a practice with his new team, the Golden State Warriors. “It hit me that I wasn’t going to be able to say goodbye to everyone I wanted to, and that they might have a hard time keeping up with me now that I’m on the West Coast. I want people to know that even though I’m here, I’m still deeply tied into Charlotte and Davidson.”

Greensboro. Blog. QC Sports Blog. Salisbury.

No comments: