3.07.2009

Quarters

*** On most days in the Southern Conference, not all days, but most days, the difference between Davidson and the other 11 teams in the league is Stephen. Today Andrew was huge, huge, huge, especially in the middle and late parts of the first half when Stephen was on the bench with two fouls, but even so …

It seems silly even writing this at this point, ever, in particular in March -- I mean, we all know this, right? -- but today, for whatever reason, it just jumped off the page:

The ball in the hands of No. 30 is a scoring opportunity.

*** The kid took 18 shots.

*** If I were making a movie: Clock running down, end of the game, no more fouls, Max “guarding” the Appalachian kid Sims who’s just bouncing the ball before the buzzer. Max smiles at him. Camera close. Left arms up. Close on the TCC on his inner arm. Or something like that. Nice tiny little moment.

*** Frank Santore is here.

*** So are the Hawks, the Bulls, the Bobcats, the Rockets, the Grizzlies, the Sixers, the Suns, The Wizards and the Thunder.

*** Seth was the halftime guest on the radio.

*** Bro, down in Corpus, evidently was not a happy camper:

I was billed twice for my feed of the Davidson App. state game on the Saturday feed of the Southern Conference basketball. Not only do I want one of the ridiculous $16 charges taken since I was charged twice, I also want a full refund on the other $16 charge because the technical difficulties prevented me from watching most of the Davidson App. State. Enough. Give me my money back. I am extremely disappointed in this service, the feed this year and the Southern Conference for increasing the price so much this year. It’s nearing a depression and you have the audacity to increase the charges more than 100 percent. Embarrassing.

Refund now. All $32.


Here’s the response from someone named Site Support:

I’ve cancelled your account and you will receive your refund in 5-10 business days.


Anybody else out there have feed-related issues?

*** Wildcat factoid: What’s Max drink after games to stave off dehydration? Gatorade? No. Water? No. Pedialyte? Yes. Orange flavor. Max explained to me in the locker room after the game, in his very Max way, that babies are treated the best of all of us -- right? -- so why wouldn’t he drink it to replenish his league-defensive-player-of-the-year-ish-ness? On the back of the little bottle, I pointed out to him, it said USE UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF A DOCTOR. He said it was okay because his sister’s a doctor.

*** I said to Stephen in the locker room that the 35-footer near the end of the game looked like the 35-footer against Elon in last year’s conference championship game. Stupid me. He said it felt more like the 35-footer from this year against N.C. State.

*** Win today, you get a tomorrow. Wipe it clean, movin’ on. March.

1 comment:

Mike McCabe said...

Feed dropped for just about the entire second half. Still working on my refund. On my second email now. Will have to go with the angry email on my third email... or get Bro to stand in as my surogate.