7.16.2009

Droney in the papers in Pittsburgh


Post-Gazette:

Tom Droney doesn’t believe he’s the next Stephen Curry. But what Davidson College did for Curry’s basketball career intrigues Droney.

That’s one of the reasons Droney made a verbal commitment to Davidson yesterday. Droney is a 6-foot-6, 197-pound guard at Sewickley Academy and the Post-Gazette Player of the Year.

Curry was a first-round NBA draft pick last month. Another former Davidson guard, Jason Richards, was on the Miami Heat roster last season until a knee injury ended his season.

“I can see the path Steph Curry took and I can see what coach [Bob] McKillop did with him and Jason Richards,” Droney said. “I’m not going to say I’m going in the NBA draft, but maybe I could have a somewhat similar college career. That definitely is an intriguing aspect about Davidson.”

In the Tribune-Review: “I like scoring, but I love getting guys their open shots and getting the assists.”

No comments: