2.16.2009

The kid’s ankle

I’ve been in Daytona all weekend doing some reporting for a story for Charlotte mag. What’d I miss? Just kidding.

Cranston:


Davidson star guard Stephen Curry’s injured left ankle is not broken, and the nation’s leading scorer will be listed as day-to-day.

Curry met with doctors on Sunday, a scheduled off day from practice, and underwent X-rays that were negative. Coach Bob McKillop said Curry will sit out Monday’s practice, but no determination has been made for Wednesday's game against Southern Conference foe The Citadel.

The Wildcats (22-4, 15-1) host No. 15 Butler on Saturday in a Bracketbusters game.



Goodman:


Stephen Curry is fine.

The Davidson star guard injured his ankle last night in a win over Furman and had to leave the game on crutches, but he is hopeful of playing Wednesday against The Citadel after X-rays revealed it was just a sprain.

“I think I’ll be back soon,” Curry told FOXSsports.com on Sunday afternoon. “If I heal as quickly as I have since last night, I should be able to play Wednesday.”


Fowler:

If Curry had torn something and been out the rest of the season, that would have put a huge damper on Davidson’s season. The Wildcats might have still made the NCAA tournament, but it would have been no beter than a 50-50 proposition. As it is, I’m sure Davidson coach Bob McKillop will be careful with Curry and perhaps sit him out Wednesday vs. The Citadel. But if I were a betting man, I’d bet Curry will play Saturday in a huge non-conference home game against nationally-ranked Butler.

No comments: