9.16.2009

Stephen and Chris

The Times-Pic:

With enormous expectations to start this upcoming season as a rookie with the Golden State Warriors, Stephen Curry sought out Paul for help this summer. They worked out together this past week at the Alario Center.

Curry, the son of former Charlotte Hornets guard Dell Curry, led the nation in scoring with a 28.6 average at Davidson last season. He was the seventh overall pick in June’s draft by the Warriors.

“To come in and learn from an All-Star and Olympic gold-medal winner is pretty special,” Curry said. “You see how hard he works, and I picked up things and competed with him one-on-one. I just feel like it’s a head start for me to start my career off right.”

Curry likely will play point guard, although he played shooting guard for two seasons at Davidson.

“I’ve known Stephen for awhile,” Paul said. “He grew up in Charlotte, and I was down in Winston-Salem. We’ve been working out all summer, and I think he’s as prepared for his rookie season as he can be.”

It’s worth noting that the kid from Clemmons is best buds with LeBron.

No comments: